7.08.2009

If You Blame Others For Your Failure, Do You Credit Them With Your Success?

Sea Donkey did it to me again. Yes, I just returned from my weekly run to the LCS and of course the one book that I am most interested in, Wasteland #25, is nowhere to be found. After I inquire, I get the usual, "yeah, we didn't get it for some reason." Really? Really? How can it be that about every 2 to 3 weeks, the one single item that I am most interested in just doesn't show up somehow? I understand that mistakes or snafus or fubars or cock-ups occasionally happen to even the best of us, but when it becomes a routine occurrence, you have a systematic failure, a monkey-wrench thrown into the works, a fly in the ointment, a tic in the Sea Donkey swill, if you will. This happens all the time. Fix it! It never occurred to you to figure out why this happens? You have no explanation? Did you even order it? Is it lost somewhere in this wonderful miasma of boxes and clutter and Robert Pattinson posters and Nic Cage Ghost Rider action figures dustying up your shelves? Did you check with Diamond? Did you check with your shipper? Do you know when you'll get it in? Will I have a copy? Have you done anything productive to provide your loyal customer with any useful bit of information? I'm generally aware of what's coming out and it's odd to me that you got everything else that shipped this week. Hell, you even got Asterios Polyp (Pantheon). I'm pleasantly shocked you got it! But how can you get multiple copies of a very offbeat book from a publisher that publishes very few comics, yet somehow manage to avoid getting a very special issue of a book that you normally order from Oni Press?! I don't get it. Once again, retarded retailer practices at their donkiest. Now I'll spend my commute time home searching two other craptastic stores that likely won't have it, and pray that Antony Johnston or Chris Mitten will have copies at San Diego in two weeks. Bad retailer! Boo!

2 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger antony said...

We will definitely have copies. Make sure we're there when you swing by the booth so we get to meet you at last :)

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Justin Giampaoli said...

Thanks Antony, will do! I checked two other shops in town and couldn't find it, I'm hoping my regular LCS may have it next week. But regardless, I'll stop in and chat.

Best,

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home