12.05.2011

12.07.11 Releases

Zzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. *Cough* * Cough* Huh! What?! Oh, yeah, comics are coming out this week. What a sleepy bunch of offerings. I guess most people will be talking about Defenders #1 (Marvel) this week? I’ve never been a huge fan of the property, but despite some misses with Invincible Iron Man (ever since it switched to #500), and the whole Fear Itself debacle, and eventually losing me on Uncanny X-Men, Matt Fraction has at least earned the right to have me check out the first issue. I wasn’t fond of Dodson’s art on Uncanny X-Men, but somehow the cheesecake vibe seems like it might fit (what I assume is) the tongue-in-cheek tone of this title. Speaking of X-Men books, I’ll probably give X-Club #1 (Marvel) a flip at the LCS. I generally like the characters in this mini-series, and sometimes writer Si Spurrier can really crack me up online, so this has the potential to be a little sleeper. Lastly, out of the sheer desperation of just wanting something new to read, I could see myself picking up Voltron #1 (Dynamite Entertainment) just for old times’ sake. What looks good to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home