1.02.2012

1.04.12 Releases

…and away we go with 2012 releases. Marvel opens strong, basically shutting out DC for me this week. Uncanny X-Force was one of the best books in 2011 and I look forward to seeing that continue in 2012. The first shot will be this week, with Uncanny X-Force #19.1 (Marvel) by Rick Remender, Billy Tan, and Jose Villarubia, taking us back to the AoA timeline. With DMZ having just wrapped and a new Marvel mini debuting, I think it’s safe to say that the next period in Brian Wood’s career officially kicks off this week, with Wolverine & The X-Men: Alpha & Omega #1 (Marvel) hitting the shelves, pitting Logan against young Quentin Quire. I’ve had a hard time getting into Rachel Rising with the same passion I felt for Terry Moore’s Echo, but nevertheless, I’ll give Rachel Rising #4 (Abstract Studio) a flip at the LCS. In my opinion, unless you’re going to top the first series, you shouldn’t try a new one, and I think it’ll be difficult to top the Brett Matthews, John Cassaday, Sergio Cariello effort. That said, I’ll certainly give The Lone Ranger #1 (Dynamite Entertainment) the requisite flip at the LCS to see if it even comes close. What looks good to you?

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Matt Clark said...

Most excited for Fatale, most curious about Wood's X-Men mini.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Justin Giampaoli said...

I thumbed through Fatale, and I'm just so over noir, I couldn't pick it up.

Aside from an art glitch on half the book that distracted me, I enjoyed Wood's X-Men mini, review posting soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home