12.07.2009

Coming This Week: "I Am Enzo, The Baker"

Every week I review Diamond's “New Releases” to determine what I’ll definitely be buying sight unseen, what I’m interested in enough to do a quick scan of at the LCS to see if it can win me over, and note any other items that catch my eye. Here’s a look…

Buying:

Daytripper #1 (DC/Vertigo): Here’s Fabio Moon & Gabriel Ba’s long-awaited original maxi-series for DC/Vertigo, clocking in at 10 issues. If it’s anything like their Dark Horse book De: Tales: Stories From Urban Brazil, which had a lyrical daydream quality to it, then we should be in for a treat.

DMZ #48 (DC/Vertigo): The continuation of the Hearts & Minds arc has really been ratcheting up the tension and I’m excited to see how all of this is going to play out.

Invincible Iron Man #21 (Marvel): Another issue of the best book Marvel is currently publishing.

Considering:

Phonogram 2: The Singles Club #6: Usually worth a look.

SWORD #2 (Marvel): There were elements of this I really enjoyed, such as the non-stop frenetic pace, Gyrich’s machinations, or the Kitty Pryde content, but also some I really didn’t, such as the flat humor, depiction of Beast, or overall cartoony vibe. I wish that the back-up artist was the main feature artist.

Anywhere #1 (Arcana): Honestly, the premise of teleportation coupled with humor doesn’t do much for me, but for a mere $1, I may check out the first of this six issue series from Tom Akel.

Noting:

DC Holiday Special 2009 #1 (DC): Does anyone still buy these? For $5.99? Really?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home