3.08.2010

Coming This Week: "If I Disagree With You, It's Because You're Wrong"

I’m not sure why I’m still buying the title, but I suspect it’s strategic marketing that will cause me to try Batman & Robin #10 (DC), with new artist Andy Clarke. I haven’t thoroughly enjoyed the series since the first three issues with Frank Quitely. I kept trying it and got caught in a cycle out of sheer inertia. If you don’t like the next artist, you think, hey it’s just two more issues and then a new artist will be on board. It’s not an excruciating wait, so you do it, get to the end, and then hope the next arc is better, maybe I’ll try the first issue… At this point, I think I’m sold and will be purchasing Daytripper #4 (DC/Vertigo). Though it’s a tiny bit frustrating, I admit I’m curious to see how these continued examinations of paths not taken will ultimately pan out. I want to see what happens next, and isn’t that the most basic litmus test? I’ll definitely be picking up DMZ #51 (DC/Vertigo) to see how Brian Wood is going to navigate the series after the jaw dropping ending of the last arc. About two arcs back, I opted to stop picking up this title regularly in favor of the oversized hardcover Deluxe Editions, but I’m desperately curious to see what happens in Ex Machina #48 (DC/Wildstorm) since there are only two issues left until the series ends. Justice League: Rise & Fall Special #1 (DC) is, I guess, about the whole Green Arrow/Arsenal aftermath of James Robinson’s Justice League: Cry for Justice maiming heroes and killing children extravaganza. It’s going to suck, from some c-list/unknown creators, but I’m morbidly curious enough to flip through it at the LCS. Alas, it’s the final issue of Kieron Gillen and Steven Sanders’ Fun Little Book That Couldn’t, with S.W.O.R.D. #5 (Marvel) hitting the streets this week. Sniff. Lastly, I might check out Ghost Projekt #1 (Oni Press) from Joe Harris and the always enjoyable Steve Rolston. It seems like all of my go-to Oni Press books have been experiencing delays (or just stop). After Queen & Country’s long run stopped abruptly, Wasteland has been slowing down, and who knows what’s going on with Stumptown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home