9.07.11 Releases

In a nice bit of counterprogramming (or maybe just a happy scheduling accident), Marvel is countering the first wave (not counting last week’s double tap) of The New 52 with Matt Fraction’s raucous Casanova: Avaritia #1 (Marvel/Icon), the first of four issues, and it’s certainly the book I’m most looking forward to this week since we’ll finally be getting new content. I haven’t paid much attention to this title since I sampled the first trade and was underwhelmed, but that sure is a pretty cover to Atomic Robo: Ghost of Station X #1 (Red Five), and I’ll be giving that the casual flip test at the LCS based on the strength of the cover and it kicking off a new 6 issue mini-series. Out of the aforementioned New 52 offerings, I can only say for certain that I’ll be picking up Stormwatch #1 (DC). I generally enjoy Paul Cornell’s stuff, and with the inclusion of Martian Manhunter in what looks to be a Planetary-lite for the DCU in this WildStorm holdover, I’m interested to see if it all comes together. I’ll probably give all the new books a casual flip, but Batgirl #1 (DC) and Justice League International #1 (DC) probably have the best shot at making it home. On the OGN side of things, I’m excited to see Richard Sala’s latest entry into “Gothic funny,” with The Hidden (Fantagraphics).


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home