12.02.2012

12.05.12 Shipping Report

It looks like a relatively small week for me, but there are still a couple of gems worth noting. I missed the first volume of this series in singles, but enjoyed the trade based on the recommendation of Keith Silva, so I’m looking forward to The Legend of Luther Strode #1 (Image) from Justin Jordan and Tradd Moore. The only other book I’ll definitely be picking up is Stumptown Volume 2 #4 (Oni Press). While it’s been a touch inconsistent on both writing and art this time around, I’m still interested enough to run the mini-series out. Thanks to a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign, Cyber Force #2 (Image) is free (actually the first 5 issues in their entirety are), which I’ll take even though I found the first issue to really be subpar. I’m more curious about the business experiment behind this, seeing if 5 free issues can actually build a readership that will turn around and support the series when they have to start paying for it at issue 6, not to mention some unscrupulous retailers out there who charged for the first issue when it was designed to be free. Other than that, I’ll probably take a flip through Avengers #1 (Marvel) to admire the Jerome Opena art and Dean White color backing up the Jonathan Hickman script. The deadly Opena-White one-two punch has emerged as one of the premiere fetish finish looks of our time, so I’m always interested to see what they’re up to. On the collected edition front, I can recommend Think Tank TPB (Image) collecting the first four issues of this very engaging series from Matt Hawkins and Rahsan Ekedal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home