12.14.2009

Coming This Week: If You Don't Like Change, You'll Like Being Irrelevant Even Less

Every week I review Diamond's “New Releases” to determine what I’ll definitely be buying sight unseen, what I’m interested in enough to do a quick scan of at the LCS to see if it can win me over, and note any other items that catch my eye. Here’s a look…

Buying:

Astonishing X-Men #33 (Marvel): This could be a make or break issue for the series; it’s seriously on the bubble.

Considering:

Okko: Cycle of Earth #3 (Archaia): Wow, I’d forgotten all about this great little series of mini-series about wandering ronin misfits that got lost amid the restructuring at Archaia Studios Press. According to Diamond, it looks like they’ll be pulling one of their rush-ship moves and getting part four of the four parter to us next week.

Dodgem Logic Magazine #1: Of course I’m a little curious what Alan Moore has been up to after Promethea and his odd decent into his own magic/religion.

Ex Machina #47 (DC/Wildstorm): After deciding to Hardcover Deluxe Edition-wait this series, it’s taken a lot of willpower to resist the final few issues of this terrific series.

Justice League of America #40 (DC): This is the kind of title that I want to purchase, I want to like, I want to buy, but it just never happens, probably this time because of Blackest Night. When did JLA stop being a cornerstone, flagship title of the DCU? After Grant Morrison’s run?

Noting:

Fear Agent: Volume 05: I Against I (Dark Horse): I really tuned out by the time this series started to experience delays and the announcement was made that it was on hiatus indefinitely. I enjoyed it, but I don’t recall where I left off.

Godland #30 (Image): Isn’t this Joe Casey series supposed to come to its natural conclusion some time soon?

Cable #21 (Marvel): I admit, I am somewhat curious as to what’s going on with those house ads featuring a more mature Hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home