10.07.2012

10.10.12 Shipping Report

It’s a massive week of books for me, pun very much intended, so let’s see how fast I can buzz through the list. First up is The Massive #5 (Dark Horse) by Brian Wood, Garry Brown, and Dave Stewart, the second part of the Black Pacific arc. It’s a very intimate issue between two of the cast and you’re going to want check this issue out in particular because I also contributed something special to the backmatter, which is available exclusively in the singles. Follow me on Twitter @thirteenminutes to find out more. Completing the Brian Wood trifecta this week is Conan The Barbarian #9 (Dark Horse) and Ultimate Comics: X-Men #17 (Marvel). Watch Sean Murphy run wild with plot and aesthetic in Punk Rock Jesus #4 (DC/Vertigo). The house ads for Point of Impact #1 (Image) by Jay Faerber have me intrigued enough to try the first issue. Another black and white burst of entertainment can be found in the whip smart Think Tank #3 (Image). I’m happy to be supporting Stumptown Volume 2 #2 (Oni Press). I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t going to check out Uncanny Avengers #1 (Marvel) for the John Cassaday art alone.  I have the singles, but I’ll recommend the Saga Vol. 1 TPB (Image) because the company is killing it with their $9.99 price points on these initial trades. Lastly, I want to note the Avengers: Children’s Crusade TPB (Marvel) which collects all 9 issues and some bonus material, chronicling the return of Scarlet Witch in well-timed fashion, with some good drama from TV’s Allan Heinberg and crazy good art from Olivier Coipel and Jim Cheung.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home