7.15.2013

Once More Unto The Breach, Dear Friends


Yep. It’s time for San Diego Comic-Con this week, so much like last week, due to a mix of family and friends in town, as well as general comics “stuff” happening, regular reviews will probably be late to non-existent. I was able to post advances of Star Wars #7 and True Lives of The Fabulous Killjoys #2 last week, in addition to a smattering of mini-comics at Poopsheet Foundation for you all to chew on, but I never got to full reviews of the epic East of West #4, the high concept and high drama of Sheltered #1, or the peripheral world-building as core story focus in Astro City #2. Be sure to follow me @ThirteenMinutes to get micro-reviews in lieu of the full length variety if I happen to sneak some reading in this week. I just received comps of Numbercruncher #1 (Thanks, Titan Comics!), as well as Prophet #37, and Dream Thief #3, so there’s always a chance.

In any case, here are the books I’d spend my money on this week: Conan The Barbarian #18, Dream Thief #3, and Harbinger Wars #4. I also plan on giving Day Men #1 and Batman ’66 #1 a flip through at the LCS. On the GN front, there’s Conan The Barbarian Vol. 14, Think Tank Vol. 2, and The Killer HC Vol. 4, with The Killer Omnibus TPB Vol. 1. If you’re in San Diego this week (for SDCC or otherwise), please consider coming out Wednesday 7/17 at 9am to my retail sponsor Yesteryear Comics. We’ve got Ed Brisson & Johnnie Christmas signing Sheltered #1, including the Exclusive Retailer Variant Cover. It was a great first issue, combining the pre-apocalyptic high concept with taut interpersonal drama. I think it has all the potential to be “The Next Walking Dead.” Lastly, if you’re at SDCC and want to pass me review copies or just say hey, home base is courtesy of my friend Ryan Claytor at the Elephant Eater Comics table (P-16) in the Small Press Pavilion, directly across from Oni Press.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home